The Ko Taku Reo Library provides a distance and digital specialist service focused on the unique needs of our Deaf and Hard of Hearing learners. Our Resources are designed to complement those of the host school library, the National Library Services to Schools, and those provided by the Ministry of Education.
We provide curriculum resources, Te Reo Maori texts and specialise in the following resources:
- Hi/lo reading materials
- Health and wellbeing including social-emotional and life skills
- Visual resources - games and activities to guide learning and understanding
- Levelled readers ensuring students have access to a wide variety of different texts at their reading level
- Deaf focus providing relatable stories with deaf characters and information about hearing assistive technologies
- Professional Development resources for teaching DHH students, learning NZSL and understanding Deaf culture.
The library is accessed via Oliver, our library catalogue https://deafedu.softlinkhosting.co.nz/oliver/home/news