News & Events
Calling for nominations to the Board of Trustees
29 Jul 2022
Kia ora everyone!
All across Aotearoa at the moment, school communities are thinking about who they want to represent them on their school boards. Each school chooses their election day. At Ko Taku Reo our election day is Wednesday, 21 September.
Before then, we need nominations! Nominations for parent representatives closes at midday on Wednesday, 17 August. This is so that we have time to get candidate information to voters so they can make informed decisions. Nominations received after this time cannot be accepted.
If you haven’t received a nomination form in the post, you can download one from: https://www.kotakureo.school.n...
What do school boards do?
School boards play an important role in shaping the educational experience and achievements of our learners. Being on a school Board is a big responsibility but also a unique and exciting opportunity. A school board:
- ensures every student can reach their highest possible standard in student achievement
- is the employer of all staff in the school
- sets the school's strategic direction in consultation with parents, whānau, staff, students and the wider school community
- oversees the management of personnel, curriculum, property, finance and administration
- ensures that the school honours the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
All board members have an equal voice and are equally accountable.
To be a good board member you need to be willing to listen and learn and understand other people’s points of view, not be afraid of asking challenging questions, and committed to working well as part of a team.
Are you up for the job? To find out more, visit our home page and follow the link at the top!
Remember – nominations for parent representatives close at midday on Wednesday, 17 August!