Orientation and mobility service
Orientation and mobility Training provides services to blind, deafblind and vision-impaired students about purposeful movement and provides an understanding of the environment in an age and developmentally appropriate manner.
Students can learn a variety of skills and techniques that will assist them to find their way around independently and safety. Programmes are developed to help improve gait, posture, and a general freedom of movement with both large and fine motor skills.
Our practice is guided by:
- Ko Taku Reo, Deaf Education New Zealand school values
- A strong commitment to Deaf bi-lingual and bi-cultural practice
- Valuing Deaf cultural norms
- Provide students with an environment where they can Belong, Grow, Choose, Excel
- Access to resources and services students need to be happy and engaged learners
- To have opportunities to be their best and become confident leaders of their own lives
Ko Taku Reo School Values