News & Events
Commissioner Update - Advisory Group Members Confirmed
15 Nov 2022
Kia ora koutou,
Following my update on 20 October, this message is to let you know about the confirmed members of our Ko Taku Reo – Deaf Education Advisory Group.
Denise Powell is no longer chairing this group as originally planned. This is because Denise has accepted a fixed-term appointment as Acting Executive Principal from 19 November 2022 until we can recruit a new leader for the school. In this interim role Denise will still be a very important part of the group.
In response to stakeholder feedback, we have also included a Deaf Aotearoa representative on the group.
Two parent representatives of Deaf and Hard of Hearing learners
- Grace Covey
- Helen Johnson
Three previous board members
- Anthonie De Heer - Deputy Chair of the Advisory Group
- Jennifer Smith - Chair of the Advisory Group and Māori representative
- Sam Te Maari - Turi Māori representative
One staff representative
- Chris Sinclair
One Deaf Children New Zealand representative
- Katie McMenamin
One NZSL Board representative
- Jaime Brown
One NZSTA representative
- Chris France
One Deaf Aotearoa representative
- Theresa Cooper
Governance and Organisation members
- Mike Rondel – Commissioner
- Denise Powell – (from 19 November) Acting Executive Principal, Ko Taku Reo – Deaf Education
- Secretary – Cindy Cascalheira firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to working with the group to ensure a wide variety of perspectives are present for good decision-making around the school's governance.
Ngā mihi nui,